WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Precious - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Precious > Topics

Subject: THE FAREWELL SERMON OF THE BEL
Replies: 1 Views: 486

k3k4s1h 1.04.10 - 10:30am
THE FAREWELL SERMON OF THE BELOVED RASULULLAH S.A.W. (PART 1)

By
Ustaz Syed Hasan Alatas

Translation by
Syed Abdul Rahman Al-'Idrus

Towards the end of his most eventful life, the Beloved Rasulullah S.A.W., together with the faithful and abled Muslims who came from all parts of the Muslim land, converged to Makkah in the tenth year of Hijrah to perform the Hajj and Umrah. This particular Hajj was also known as the Hajj Wadda or Farewell Hajj, so named because hardly eighty days after that the Beloved Rasulullah S.A.W. passed away, returning to the Grace of Rahmatullah.

A large crowd of some one hundred thousand devoted Muslims were gathered on the Plain of Arafat, a large plain at the foot of Jabal Rahmah (a small hill called Rahmah the Blessing), which was located some twenty-two kilometres from Makkakh.

In what turned out to be the most notable khutbah (sermon) by the Beloved Prophet, who delivered the most profound and meaningful message of any time, to those who were present then and were passed down to succeeding generations of the Ummah until the Last Day. No further communication would be possible when the world witnesses the gigantic and complete destruction of all its contents and when mankind will be dazed by and lost in the commotion of the huge disaster.

Before the Day of Judgement, there is ample opportunity for the Muslim Ummah to seriously study and observe as well undertake to act and obey the full score of the meaning in the khutbah of the Beloved Prophet S.A.W. The words and meaning of the khutbah were resoundingly the most profound and affectionate advice from the most outstanding leader of mankind, for all generations of the Muslim Ummah, who were firm and devoted in faith and sincerely loved Allah and His Messenger.

With the Mercy from Allah S.W.T and in seeking His Blessings, the translation of the Farewell Sermon of our Beloved Rasulullah S.A.W is rendered below so that each one of us will prolong the chain of transmission to those within our reach:

EXALTING ALL PRAISE TOWARDS ALLAH S.WT.

All praise are for Allah, the Lord of the Universe. We seek His Help and we seek His Forgiveness for all our sins and we submit our regret and repentance before Him. We seek His Protection from the malice of our hearts and from all evils that we have committed. Those who were Guided by Allah on the right path , none could put them astray; and those who were denied Guidance by Allah, no one could guide them on the path of Truth.

DECLARATION OF TAWHID AND WORSHIP ALLAH ALONE

I proclaim the Truth that there is no God except Allah alone and I also proclaim that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.

O servants of Allah, I advise you to worship Allah alone. I delivered my words beginning with the sacred words and I have so declared!

INVIOLATION OF LIFE AND PROPERTIES

O people! Listen well to my words, for I do not know whether I shall meet you again on such an occasion as this in the future. O people! Your lives and your properties are sacred until you meet your Lord. The safety of your lives and of your properties shall be as inviolable as this holy day and this holy month.

REMEMBER THE RECKONING IN AKHIRAT

You are going to meet your Lord and He will question about your deeds. Have I delivered (the Message)?

The gathering spontaneously answered: Yes indeed, you have delivered.

Rasulullah then said: O Allah! Do witness me!

TRUST AND INTEREST

Continuing his khutbah, the Beloved Rasulullah said: Whoever among you keeps a trust for someone else shall return that trust to the rightful owner. All interest obligations shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. Do not be wrongdoers nor be the one who is wronged. Allah has enjoined that there shall be no interest, and that all interest due to Abbas ibn Abdul Muttalib shall henceforth be waived.

HOMICIDE

Every right arising out of homicide in pre-Islamic days is henceforth waived. And the first such right that I waive is that arising from the murder of Rabiah ibn al-Harith ibn Abdul Muttalib. *

k3k4s1h 1.04.10 - 10:31am
THE FAREWELL SERMON OF THE BELOVED RASULULLAH S.A.W. (PART 2)

By
Ustaz Syed Hasan Alatas

Translation by
Syed Abdul Rahman Al-'Idrus

BEWARE OF SATAN

Rasulullah S.A.W. proceeded with his khutbah :

O People! The Satan has forever given up hope of being worshipped in this land of yours. Nevertheless, he is still anxious to manipulate the lesser of your deeds. Beware of him, for the security of your religion.

TAMPERING WITH THE CALENDAR

O people! Tampering with the calendar is an act of disbelief. This makes the unbeliever go astray. They indulge in it one year and forbid it the next, in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to forbid that which has made permissible. The reckoning of time as Allah has created is always the same. With Allah, the number of months is twelve. Four of them are holy. Three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumadi and Shaban.

RIGHTS OF MEN AND WOMEN

O people! To you a right belongs with respect to your women and to your women a right with respect to you. Your right upon them is that they do not fraternise with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery. But if they do, then Allah has permitted you to isolate them within their homes and to chastise them without cruelty. If they refrain from such deeds, then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers. Remember that you have taken them as your wives and enjoyed their flesh only under Gods trust and with His permission. *

* Precious Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Precious

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search