Replies: 9 Views: 3139

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 02:51am
BIOGRAPHICAL NOTES ON IMAM SHAFII
By
Ustaz Syed Hasan Alatas

Translation by
Syed Abdul Rahman Al-'Idrus

INTRODUCTION

Until today Imam Shafii, whose name was Muhammad bin Idris, and also called Abu Abdillah,is one of the most outstanding and well known Fuqahaa (Jurisprudence)scholars and has a large following in his school of thought among Muslims,especially in Indonesia and Malaysia. He was born in 150 Hijrah ( 767 A.D.)in Gaza and devoted the whole of his life to studies on matters of Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh).

Apart from that,he was also well known for his literary prowess with beautiful and profoundly substantive poetic works. His poems were shining pearls, articulated in the finest expressions, full of wisdom in the highest order. Imam Shafii loved knowledge since his childhood days. It was not unusual for him to complete reciting the whole of Al-Quran sixty times in the month of Ramadhan, when he recited the verses of Al-Quran in his prayers. He was generous with donations (sadaqah) from whatever he possessed.

His life was very modest, particularly with eating and drinking. He never ate to his full stomach since the age of sixteen. He considered full stomach would increase body weight, would harden the heart, would dull the mind, and would cause sleepiness and laziness in active ibadah (devotion to Allah).

Imam Shafii died in Egypt after the onset of Maghrib prayer time on the Islamic auspicious Friday night (English Thursday night) in the month of Rajab and he was laid to rest on Friday in the year 204 Hijrah. Many scholars (ulama)acknowledge Imam Shafii, not only for his outstanding scholastic contributions,but also as a person of amicable attributes of trustworthiness, upholding firmly to justice, devotion to Allah, characterised with humility, and his nobility of conduct. Throughout his life, he was an embodiment of guidance with immense attributes of taqwa (pious devotion to Allah) and his life was free of any blemish of being astray or involvement with any evil deed.

He was honest with his decisions in his legal rulings, arrived at with sound tests of the exalted Truth and Justice defined by Allah S.W.T. in Al-Quran and explained by Hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. His rulings were shining examples of justice, stars that adorn the blessings of universal justice.

His love for travel, in pursuit of knowledge, remained an outstanding example and inspiration, for those who love the pursuit of knowledge at all times. While the gems of his legacy ware tremendous, his wise advises were cherished by many, amongst which were:

Travel with firm belief, so that you will discover benefits out of five things, they are, Knowledge, Conduct and Manners, Income, Removing Sadness, Uplifting the Spirit, and Friendship.

Verily, I see that impounded still water brings unpleasant smell. If the water were to flow, it will appear clear and fit to drink. If you leave the water to remain impounded, it will smell.

A wild lion can catch its victim when it leaves its nest. A sharp arrow will not hit its target until it leaves its bow.

Gold is just like dust before it is weighed. A sandalwood plant in its place, is just like firewood.

If you leave your place of birth, you will discover a respectable position in your new place, and you are like gold which has been lifted from its place. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 02:52am
IMAM SHAFIIS CHILDHOOD
By
Ustaz Syed Hasan Alatas

Translation by
Syed Abdul Rahman Al-'Idrus

At the age of two years, after ShafiI was orphaned, his mother moved to Makkah. Since he was seven, Shafii had memorised the whole of Al-Quran and many Hadiths (sayings) of our beloved Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Whenever he came to know of the presence of a learned person, he would not hesitate to seek him to fathom his knowledge.

At the age of fourteen, he openly expressed to his mother his desire to travel to seek knowledge. At the beginning, his mother was rather reluctant to let Shafii go, because he was her only hope to take care of her when she grew old. Shafiis overwhelming love of and obedience to his mother, forced him to abandon his intention. However, his very understanding mother eventually granted him permission for him to fulfil his desire to seek knowledge.

Before letting Shafii leave, his mother sought Allahs blessings through a doa (supplication):

Oh Allah, Lord that rules the whole Universe! My son shall leave me on a long journey, seeking Your Grace. I am willing to let him go, to enable him to seek knowledge, the legacy of Your Messenger. For that I seek your help oh Allah, to enlighten all his affairs. Please protect him in safety, and please grant him a long life to enable me to witness him with his heart filled with useful knowledge, Amin.
After her supplication, Shafiis mother embraced the little Shafii with all her love and compassion and with tears in her eyes, because of the sadness at the impending separation with her loved son. She whispered to ShafiI: You leave with Allah as your company! Insha-Allah, you will be the star of knowledge that will shine the brightest in the future. Go now, because I have consented to let you go. Remember that Allah is the best place to seek help and protection!
Shafii then kissed his mothers hand and bade her goodbye. Leaving his most loved mother with a heavy heart, Shafii waved his hand bidding farewell and deeply hoping his mother will continue seeking Allahs blessings for his welfare and achievement in seeking knowledge which would be beneficial.

Being a poor child, Shafii left home without any money but furnished with a supply of his mothers doa, his burning ambition to seek knowledge, and his absolute trust in Allah S.W.T.

Imam Shafii described his separation with his mother, saying: Several times I turned back to wave my hand to my mother. She remained fixed on her feet outside the compound of our house, while sharply looking at me. Eventually my sight of her became fainter and fainter in the morning mist. I left Makkah, the Blessed City, without any supply of money, what became my supply was only a firm faith and a heart filled with trust in Allah S.W.T. and doa from my mother. I surrendered myself entirely to Allah, Lord of the Universe. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 02:54am
IMAM SHAFI'I ARRIVED IN MADINAH... As dusk began to settle on his days journey, Shafii stopped at a place called Zi Tua to spend his night. The surrounding area was dry and hot, without any living plant that grew. There were several camps put up by travellers. Shafii began to feel hungry, but he had no money to buy food.

However, he was confident that Allah S.W.T. would bless him with help, being one of those who seek to increase his knowledge. Shafii managed to get to know a middle-aged man who was kind and talkative. He was invited by the man to join him for dinner.

Shafii addressed this man as uncle and asked him: Who is the most learned person in Madinah at present? The man told Shafii that the most learned person in Madinah then was none other than Imam Malik bin Anas. Shafii begged his new found friend if he could lead him to meet this Imam Malik bin Anas.

On the eighth day of his journey, Shafii crossed the fringe of the City of Madinah. From a distance he could see the Masjid Nabawi (the Prophets Mosque), besides which the beloved Rasulullah was laid to rest. His heart was swollen with joy on arrival at the mosque and Shafii immediately went to pray to his hearts content with full concentration.

With the overwhelming sense of joy and gratification, Shafii hardly realised that his tears were dripping down his cheek. He could hardly hold his amazement at the greatness and glory of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. who went through the struggle and trials in the cause of rightly positioning Islam and the Ummah.

His mind began to dwell on the success of Rasulullah S.A.W. in transforming a community that was entirely divided into a united community bound by the faith of Tawhid, consisting of various races and creed, governed under a newly promulgated constitution called the Madinah Constitution, which became well known throughout the subsequent ages.

After his prayer, Shafii went to visit the burial ground of the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Later he observed that many people were gathered in a learning circle around the most outstanding scholar of the time, Imam Malik bin Anas. Shafii unhesitatingly joined them, listening intently every word out of the gems of Hadith of Rasulullah S.A.W. that were delivered by Imam Malik.

Imam Shafii was blessed by Allah with prodigious memorising capability, to the extent that all lessons delivered by Imam Malik could be completely memorised by him. At the end of the session, each student of Imam Malik greeted the Master with salam and began to leave for their homes.

Shafii remained seated in his place. Imam Malik was somewhat puzzled when he saw the young man did not leave. That prompted him to call Shafii and asked him his background and what he had learned. Imam Malik asked Shafii to recite one Hadith that he had just learned. Shafii was not only able to recite one Hadith but all the Hadiths he heard while attending the lesson delivered by Imam Malik.

Shafiis ability impressed Imam Malik tremendously and indeed drew Imam Maliks attention on this new student. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 02:57am
IMAM SHAFI'I AND HIS TEACHER, IMAM MALIK BIN ANAS...Imam Malik was extremely happy to get a student who was so clever and so intelligent as Shafii. Since his childhood, Shafii did not only memorise the whole of Al-Quran, but also thousands of Hadith Rasulullah S.A.W. In fact he had also memorised the whole of the book Muatta, which was a collection of Hadiths written by the master teacher Imam Malik himself, prior to meeting his master.

As a true example of self-management, Imam ShafiI organised his nights into three parts:

One third of the night for seeking knowledge;
One third of the night for prayers;
One third of the night for sleep.
A narrator by the name of Rabi used to explain that Imam Shafii regularly recited the complete Al-Quran daily, and in the month of Ramadhan he put in more efforts by completely reciting the whole of Al-Quran sixty times for the whole month during his prayers.
Imam Shafii himself explained that he never swore throughout his life, whether to affirm or to deny anything. On one occasion someone asked him a problem. He kept quiet for a while, without answering the question. When he was asked why he did so, he answered: I waited first, until I know which is better, to keep quiet or to answer your question. This indicated how careful he was in offering an answer to any one who brought a problem to him.

He was quoted to have informed others on himself: One day I had no money, while I was desirous of seeking knowledge. Then I went to work in a hall to earn my keep. This showed that Imam Shafii did not lie idol when confronted with financial difficulties, especially while pursuing his studies but he was willing to work and earn whatever is halal (permissible), as long as he achieved his ambition.

Imam Ghazali was quoted to have mentioned that Imam Shafii was also an important personality practising the life of a Sufi. He was a person of the utmost Taqwa , who did not like to pride himself in whatever way.

In relation to Sufism, Imam Shafii said: I would like men to learn this discipline, but do not quote my name, with even a single word.

Among Imam Shafiis words which carried Sufi values were :

A man who is cruel to himself, is one who lowers himself to someone who does not respect him, and one who likes something which does not bring him any benefit, and one who is praised by someone who does not really know him. One who is not honoured for his Taqwa, is not a person who is honoured. To probe into a mans secret, is more cruel than investigating an animal. If I know that such an investigation will affect my honour, I shall not drink even if I am thirsty. Among the true signs of Ukhwah is to accept criticisms from friends, and to protect a friends honour and forgive his mistakes.

Such are the words of wisdom from Imam Shafii Radhiallahu Anhu. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 02:59am
IMAM SHAFI'I'S LOVE FOR ALLAH S.W.T....Imam Shafiis love for Allah S.W.T. was complete and absolute. He used to remind others: One who dares to gather together his love for the worldly and his love for Allah S.W.T. in his heart, is completely false.

Imam Shafii is a person who is zuhud (whose lifestyle is not driven by greed of the worldly, such as pride of fame, wealth and so forth). Once he returned from Yemen with ten thousand dirham, but before he entered Makkah, the money was distributed to the needy.

It happened once when he was riding a donkey, his whip felled on the ground. Somebody picked it up and handed to him. To this person Imam Shafii gave fifty dinars, as a penalty on himself for riding the donkey, while others were just walking. He considered he was arrogant to others beside him.

On one occasion Imam Shafii saw a youth taking his ablution (wuthu) in a manner which was not right. He advised the youth:

My son! If you take ablution do it in proper manner, so that Allah bless you with the goods of the present world and the Hereafter. The youth followed his advice and subsequently hurried to follow him, curious to know who was the person who was so kind to advise him.

Imam Shafii turned around and asked the youth why he was following him. The youth replied that he was pursuing his studies to seek more knowledge and sought the advisor to give him more advice. Imam Shafii reminded the youth : Whoever knows Allah, he will succeed. Whoever honours the religion, he will be safe from dishonour and dangers and whoever is zuhud in this world, he will surely receive Allahs gift of honour.

Then Imam Shafii asked the youth if he wanted more lessons. The youth was pleased if he could continue with the advice. Imam Shafii continued: Whoever undertake three deeds will render his faith to perfection.

Firstly, to enjoin others to do good, while he himself do good deeds.
Secondly, to prevent others from doing evil, while he himself stay away from evil deeds.
Thirdly, he keeps himself within limits of Allahs Divine laws.
Again Imam Shafii asked the youth if he wanted further lessons and again the youth replied in the affirmative. Imam Shafii then continued:
You must be zuhud with the world, and love deeds for rewards in the Hereafter. You must be honest in discharging Allahs Will, so that you will be counted among the successful.

The youth then asked those around him, who was the Teacher, who was so generous with teaching him lessons, even though he was just a stranger travelling through on a journey. Those around him told him that the teacher was none other than Imam Shafii, a Master who was ever willing to teach those who sought knowledge from him. All he did was in the cause of devotion to Allah S.W.T. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 03:01am
IMAM SAHAFI'I AND THE IMPORTANCE OF KNOWLEDGE...Imam Shafii, whose full name was Muhammad bin Idris As-Shafii, was highly respected by other scholars. One of the prominent scholars, Imam Ahmad bin Hambal said: In my forty years of praying, I have never missed accompanying it with a supplication for Shafii.

One day when Abdul Malik Almaimuni was discussing with Imam Ahmad bin Hambal, the discussion touched on the person of Imam Shafii. Almaimuni said: I noticed it was obvious that Ahmad greatly respected Shafii and he also said: I used to read a Hadith of the beloved Prophet S.A.W., that for every hundred years, Allah will raise for the ummah, a man who will revive the affairs of the religion.

Imam Shafii abhorred foul words and foul language which are directed to fellow man. On one occasion when he heard someone articulating foul words towards a scholar, Imam Shafii advised him: Cleanse your hearing from listening to foul words, as you would cleanse your tongue from articulating abusive language. An ugly and dirty person will always leave his dirt to smear your clean self. Should you reply with foulness, you are just committing the same thing as that done by the abuser.

At all times Imam Shafii was pleased to resolve matters of religion brought to him. There are times when hundreds of problems were resolved in one night for the benefit of the ummah. Imam Ahmad used to tell his son regarding Imam ShafiI: His movements and his silence, his words, zikir and thoughts, are all for Allah S.W.T. His standing is obedience, his sleep is sadaqah, his zikir is tasbih, his silence and knowledge are cures for the humankind.

Among the gems of his words of wisdom on knowledge:

You will not acquire knowledge unless you have six things: intelligence, strong will, diligence and patience, sufficient means and befriend your teacher. But beware! One who is honoured because of his knowledge is unlikely to be heaped with wealth, because knowledge and wealth are unlikely to be together. It is fate that one who is honoured for his knowledge shall be tested with a life of hardship. It is evident that one who is wise, leads a difficult life and a stupid person lives a life of complete sufficiency. One who is given easy wealth, is short of blessing, not honoured and not guided.

In addition Imam Shafii also said: To stay up at night patiently in study, is more pleasurable to me than sweet music and pleasant perfumes. The scribbles of my pen in the middle of a page, is more enjoyable than any imagination. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 03:03am
IMAM SHAFI'I VISITED IRAQ...During the Hajj season many Muslims visited Madinah and paid respect to the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. by visiting the place where he was laid to rest. People came from many places, especially Egypt and Iraq. After visiting the place of the beloved Prophet, they also visited Imam Malik, seeking to learn the well-known book Muatta which was written by him.

Imam Malik requested Imam Shafii to read the said book for those who attended the study circle (Majlis Talim). Certainly Imam Shafii was only too pleased to obey his teachers request and furthermore he had completely memorised the whole of the Muatta. The gathering was very impressed with the fluency of Imam Shafii in reading the Muatta and his immaculate memory.

After the study circle sessions, Imam Shafii went visiting the visitors. While approaching the groups from Iraq, Imam Shafii observed a young man who was praying. When he completed his prayer, Imam Shafii approached him, wanting to get to know the young man. Imam Shafii then asked the visitor from Iraq, who was the most well-known scholar in Al-Quran and Sunnah in Iraq.

The young man informed him that at that time the most outstanding scholars were Abu Yusuf and Muhammad bin Hassan. These two well known scholars were students of Imam Abu Hanifah. After hearing from the young man, Imam Shafii became so interested in meeting and learning from these two scholars. He asked the young man, when he would be leaving for Iraq.

He was informed that he would be leaving tomorrow. Without further ado Imam Shafii returned to meet his teacher, Imam Malik to inform his Master his desire to seek further knowledge, particularly on Al-Quran and Sunnah of Rasulullah S.A.W., which had been his long standing ambition. After listening to Imam Shafii explaining his wishes, Imam Malik agreed and prayed seeking Allahs blessings that Imam Shafiis intentions to pursue to seek additional knowledge from the two well known scholars would be granted with success.

Imam Malik himself sent off Imam Shafii from Baqi. What surprised Imam Shafii most, was that his Master prepared for him a camel to take him to Kufah, the capital of Iraq at the time, and in addition he gave Imam Shafii fifty Dinars. Imam Shafii was wondering where Imam Malik got the money, knowing the he did not have that much money. Then Imam Malik explained to him that that night a man by the name of Qasim gave him a gift of one hundred Dinars, and begged him to take the gift. Then he divided the gift into two, fifty Dinars for the needs of Imam Shafii.

At the beginning Imam Shafii refused to take the money; he did not have the heart to take it from his own Master and requested Imam Malik to keep it for his own needs. However, Imam Malik kept insisting that Imam Shafii accept the gift, for which Imam Shafii had no choice but to accept and thanked his Master for all his generous help for the journey. Again Imam Malik prayed for the success of Imam Shafii and did not move from his place while watching the departure of Imam Shafii until the kafilah was out of his sight.

Here we learn how strong the determination of Imam Shafii was in his pursuit to seek knowledge, even when he had to face various hurdles and long journeys. We also take lesson of the warm and close relationship between the student and his Master, each was only too willing to help the other in all affairs of the world and affairs of the Hereafter. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 03:05am
IMAM SHAFI'I UNDER MASTERS IN KUFAH...Imam Shafii was twenty two years old when he left for Iraq. The journey from Madinah to Kufah in Iraq took him twenty four tiring days. Finally, his entourage arrived at a mosque in Kufah. On arrival Imam Shafii joined the prayer congregation at the mosque. It happened that two great scholars he was seeking also prayed at the same mosque.

The opportunity to meet and introduce himself to the two scholars, Abu Yusuf and Muhammad bin Hassan, was seized by Imam Shafii. He was asked about Imam Malik in Madinah and whether he had met him? Imam Shafii replied that Imam Malik bin Anas was his Master and he used to live with him before coming to Kufah.

If that is the case, you must have read the Muatta written by Imam Malik? said Imam Muhammad. It is true! said Imam Shafii. Alhamdulillah, I have not only read it, but also memorised it, continued Imam Shafii.

Imam Muhammad took a piece of paper and then wrote a few questions on it and requested Imam Shafii to answer them, to test his knowledge on the Muatta written by Imam Malik. After studying all the questions posed to him, Imam Shafii was able to answer them with ease, since he had thoroughly memorised the whole book.

After reading all the answers, Imam Muhammad smiled and was very happy with the answers given by Imam Shafii. Then he said: Would you like to be my guest for tonight? Imam Shafii was delighted with the invitation and the special honour to be Imam Muhammads guest, which meant he had an opportunity to study under him. In addition Imam Muhammad presented him a beautiful and expensive set of clothing and invited Imam Shafii, who had just arrived after a long journey, for a wash. Imam Shafii accepted the gift with full gratitude to Allah S.W.T. and gracefully thanked Imam Muhammad for his generosity and hospitality.

After washing himself, he put on the new clothing given by Imam Muhammad, which delighted his host immensely. Imam Muhammad then took a book written by Imam Abu Hanifah entitled Al-Ausat and handed it to Imam Shafii inviting him to read it that night. Imam Shafii was enthralled to receive the Al-Ausat and read it with all his concentration. One of the unique capabilities blessed by Allah S.W.T on Imam Shafii, was his power of memory. After carefully reading and absorbing the book, Al-Ausat, written by Imam Abu Hanifah, he was able to memorise the whole book. Imam Shafii did not however reveal this to Imam Muhammad. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 03:06am
IMAM SHAFI'I WITH HIS MASTER IMAM MUHAMMAD...Imam Muhammad became a point of reference for the public to seek religious opinions in Iraq and the authority of his opinions was unchallenged. One day a gentleman came to seek a ruling from Imam Muhammad. At that time Imam Shafi'i was beside him. After the gentleman put forward his problem he sought an opinion from Imam Muhammad. Having carefully heard the gentlemans problem, he offered his opinion , fully confident that it was based on the authority of Imam Abu Hanifah.

Imam Shafii explained: After listening to his opinion I was certain that it was not accurately based on the opinions of Imam Abu Hanifah, whose book I had committed to memory. So I sought the kind permission of Imam Muhammad to put forward the opinion of Imam Abu Hanifah, which I had learned.

Imam Muhammad was rather surprised with the explanation I offered, and immediately referred to the book Al-Ausat , written by Imam Abu Hanifah. He found precisely that my opinion matched that of Imam Abu Hanifah. Without hesitation Imam Muhammad corrected his previous opinion. He was kindly impressed with my memory.

After having lived and studied under the tutelage of Imam Muhammad for a number of years, Imam Shafii wanted to continue further his journey in pursuit of additional knowledge. He informed his Master Imam Muhammad of his intention, and Imam Muhammad was deeply moved.

Then Imam Muhammad said to Shafii: I agree to your intention but on one condition. The condition is not difficult: that is you agree to accept half of my property. Imam Shafii never expected such generosity from his Master.

Nonetheless he replied: My dear Uncle! It is a fact that I came here in pursuit of knowledge, not to accumulate wealth. For that reason, please kindly permit me to return to see my mother and kindly forget about the divide on your property. With all grace and sincere gratitude, Imam Shafii refused to accept the kind offer of properties and wealth from his Master.

Somewhat disappointed, Imam Muhammad then said: Alright my Son! If you refuse half of my properties, I hope you will not refuse to accept a little present from me for your journey. He then asked his assistant to take a few of his money sacks and handed them to Shafii while saying: This is all I can offer you as my gift for your journey.

This time Imam Shafii could not refuse without displeasing his Master and he accepted the financial gift for his journey. It was the richest gift he ever received in his life, money worth three thousand dinars.

The time came to greet farewell to Imam Muhammad and to seek his supplication seeking Allahs blessings for his journey. It was sad to leave his Master, but Imam Shafii proceeded on his determined journey in pursuit of knowledge that took him to Iran. He journeyed from one town to another. Every time he met a known scholar, he never missed to seek and learn additional knowledge. He travelled the length and breadth of Iran for several years and then returned to Iraq during the period of the famous Harun Al-Rashid. *

k3k4s1h 2.04.10 - 03:08am
RETURNING TO MADINAH...On his return to Iraq, Imam Shafii went on a visit to a number of places. From Baghdad he went to Southern Iraq, Anatolia (Asia Minor) and Haran. From there Imam Shafii went to Sham (the present Syria) and returned to Makkah to visit his mother.

After having acquired a vast possession of knowledge, Imam Shafii returned to Madinah two years later. On arrival in Madinah, he headed for Masjid Annabawi (the Prophets Mosque) and visited the burial place of the beloved Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Then he joined the study group around Imam Malik, which was full of students.

Imam Malik was in the midst of posing some questions to his students to test their understanding and mastery of the knowledge they have learned. The questions posed by Imam Malik were rather difficult to be answered by his students. But Imam Shafii quietly whispered to one student sitting next to him. So the questioning went on, with only one person, the man sitting next to Imam Shafii able to answer the questions.

Soon thereafter, Imam Malik called the man and asked him where he obtained all the correct the answers. The man replied that the correct answers were from a young man who was sitting next to him. Imam Malik called the young man and as the man approached him, he soon recognised that he was Imam Shafii. Imam Malik was struck with joy at the sight of Shafii and immediately stood up from his chair and embraced Shafii and told Shafii : Please complete for me this Chapter. Imam Malik was so impressed and satisfied with the detailed deliberations by Imam Shafii.

After the lessons, Imam Malik invited Shafii to his house. Imam Shafii gave him a detailed account of his experience in his pursuit of knowledge since he left Madinah. Shafii also informed his Master Imam Malik of his fascination with Imam Abu Hanifah Annuman, and he had read the Fiqh of Abu Hanifah through his prominent students, Abu Yusuf and Muhammad Al-Hassan.

Imam Abu Hanifah was often criticised then for lack of mastery of the Science of Hadith but Imam Shafii stood in defence of Imam Abu Hanifahs position of honour and said: The role of Abu Hanifah in the field of Fiqh is very broad and every one cannot free himself from the influence of the role played by Abu Hanifah.

Imam Shafii lived in Madinah as a student of Imam Malik since his return (170H until Imam Malik passed away in 179H). At that time Imam Shafii was twenty nine years old. When Imam Malik died, Shafii was very sad, and often shed his tears in memory of his Masters kind care and heritage of knowledge to him. Not long after that Imam Shafii returned to Makkah, leaving behind him sweet memories of his association with his Master Imam Malik. *

* Precious Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Precious

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search

Create Your Own App Store