Precious - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Precious > Topics

Subject: Seeking Forgiveness?
Replies: 5 Views: 385

kekasih 20.09.10 - 05:17pm
Sayyidul Istighfar- The Best way of asking Allah for forgiveness
By islamequalscool
On the authority of Shaddad ibn Aws, may Allah be pleased with him, the Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam, said, The chief of prayers for forgiveness is:

Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa ant, khalaqtanee wa-ana AAabduk, wa-ana AAala AAahdika wawaAAdika mas-tataAAt, aAAoothu bika min sharri ma sanaAAt, aboo-o laka biniAAmatika AAalay, wa-aboo-o bithanbee, f*ghfir lee fa-innahu la yaghfiruth-thunooba illa ant.

O Allaah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am You servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin except You.

The Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam, added, If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and dies before the morning he will be from the people of Paradise. *

kekasih 20.09.10 - 05:19pm
Seeking forgiveness=door to accepted prayers By islamequalscool Imam Ahmed, may God be pleased with him, once was traveling and needed to stay somewhere overnight. When he went to the masjid, the guard (not recognizing Imam Ahmed) denied him entrance. Imam Ahmed tried numerous times, but the guard did not accept his requests. Frustrated, Imam Ahmed resolved to spend the night int he masjid yard. The guard became furious and dragged him away, despite the old age and frailty of Imam Ahmed. A baker, whose shop was nearby, watched this scene and took pity on Imam Ahmed. He invited the Imam to stay with him for the night. While there, Imam Ahmed noticed that the baker continually made istighfar (asking for Allahs forgiveness) while working, and in the mroning, the Imam eagerly asked his host about the latters continual seeking of forgiveness. The baker said it had become like second nature, and Imam Ahmed then asked whether the man had experienced any reward from this practice. The baker answered, By Allah! No duaa (supplication to God) I made except that it was answered but one. And what is that duaa? asked Imam Ahmed. To be able to see the famed Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal! Imam Ahmed interjected, I am Ahmed ibn Hanbal! He then went on to add: By Allah! I was dragged to your place so that you can have your duaa/wish come true. - Summarized from Al Jumuah magazine, vol 19, issue 7. SubhanAllah Allah dragged Imam Ahmed to the house of the baker to answer his duaa. We needa start making istighfar.. *

kekasih 20.09.10 - 05:22pm
Let your sin get a beat down with Allahs Mercy
By islamequalscool
Sometimes we mess up [big time] but nothing is too great for Allaah to forgive.

As Ustadh Suhaib Webb mentioned in one of his lectures

let your sin get a beat down with Allaahs Mercy.

From Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, that he said, I heard the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying, Allah, exalted is He, says, Son of Adam, as long as you call on Me and hope in Me, I will forgive you whatever comes from you and I shall not mind. Son of Adam, even if your wrong actions were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you were to seek forgiveness of Me I would forgive you. Son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with nearly the earth in wrong actions and then later you were to meet Me, not associating anything with Me, then I would definitely bring you nearly as much as it in forgiveness. Related by at-Tirmidhi.

The Prophet, salAllahu alayhe wa sallam taught us:

Whoever says:

Astaghferollahelath e la elaha illa howal Hayyol Qayyomo wa otobo elayhe

I seek Allaahs forgiveness, besides whom, none has the right to be worshipped except He, The Ever Living, The Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, I turn to Him in repentance.

Allaah would forgive him even if he was one who fled during the advance of an army.

www.makedua. com *

tayibah3 25.09.10 - 02:28pm
SEEKING FORGIVENESS AND REPENTANCE IN THE AHADITH.
THE SEEKING OF FORGIVENESS BY RASULULLAH SALLAHU ALAHYI WASALAM.
RASULULLAH SALLAHU ALAHYI WASALAM
SAID.; I SEEK FORGIVENESS FROM ALLAH TA'ALA
ONE HUNDRED TIMES A DAY. *

tayibah3 25.09.10 - 03:18pm
THE COMMAND
OF SEEKING
FORGIVENESS.
RASULULLAH SALLALALHU ALAHYI WASALAM.
SAID, REPENT
AND TURN TO
YOUR LORD,
THE VIRTUE OF SEEKING FORGIVENESS