Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Precious - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Precious > Topics

Subject: Hazrat Aisha was 19, not 9
Replies: 16 Views: 1982

kekasih 18.10.10 - 02:45pm
Hazrat Aisha was 19, not 9
(For the benefit of our readers, immediately following this article, we are reproducing a section from the New World Encyclopedia, related to Aishas age at the time of her marriage to Prophet Muhammad (ca. 570-632).

Sahih Bukharis hadiths can be found at http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/ and
http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/062.sbt.html Ed.)

By A. Faizur Rahman

About a month ago the world media reported a shocking decision by a Saudi judge in which he refused to annul the marriage of an 8-year old girl to a 47-year old man. But to those who are already familiar with the so-called Islamic laws of Saudi Arabia, this ruling was merely the latest in the sequence of several such cases of human rights abuse in the name of the shariah. The question is: does Islamic law really uphold child marriage?

What the Quran says
A perusal of the Quran will reveal that marriage in Islam is a civil contract, meesaaq (4:21), and as such it can be finalised only between persons who are intellectually and physically mature enough to understand and fulfill the responsibilities of such a contract. This can be further understood from the verse; And test the orphans until they reach the age of nikah marriage.GIF, and if you find in them rushdh (maturity of intellect) release their property to them.(4:6). It may be noted here that the Quran makes intellectual maturity (which always falls beyond the age of rty) the basis to arrive at the age of marriage. This is also in conformity with the Quranic description of marriage as emotional bonding between two mutually compatible persons through which they seek to dwell in tranquility (see 7:189 and 30:21) in the companionship of each other which is not possible if either of the spouses is mentally undeveloped.

But, even in India?
Unfortunately, Muslim jurists dont seem to have understood these Quranic teachings. Recently the grand mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Sheikh, issued a fatwa legitimising the marriage of girls as young as 10. Even in India, Muslim institutions including the Deoband and the All India Muslim Personal Law Board have not outlawed child marriage. Yet they congregated not once but twice to condemn terrorism. It is astonishing that those who claim an Islamic basis for their shariah disregard the primary source of Islamic law, the Quran, to the extent of overruling it through their exploitation of spurious traditions. For instance, child marriage in Islam is justified on the basis of a hadith in Bukhari, which says that the Prophet married Hazrat Aisha when she was just six and consummated the marriage when she was nine.

Hazrat Aishas age
This hadith cannot be true for several reasons. First, the Prophet could not have gone against the Quran to marry a physically and intellectually immature child. Secondly, the age of Hazrat Aisha can be easily calculated from the age of her elder sister Hazrat Asma who was 10 years older than Hazrat Aisha. Waliuddin Muhammad Abdullah Al-Khateeb al Amri Tabrizi the famous author of Mishkath, in his biography of narrators (Asma ur Rijal), writes that Hazrat Asma died in the year 73 Hijri at the age of 100, ten or twelve days after the martyrdom of her son Abdullah Ibn Zubair. It is common knowledge that the Islamic calendar starts from the year of the Hijrah or the Prophets migration from Mecca to Medina.

Therefore, by deducting 73, the year of Hazrat Asmas death, from 100, her age at that time, we can easily conclude that she was 27 years old during Hijra.

This puts the age of Hazrat Aisha at 17 during the same period. As all biographers of the Prophet agree that he consummated his marriage with Hazrat Aisha in the year 2 Hijri it can be conclusively said that she was 19 at that time and not nine as alleged in the aforementioned hadiths.

The Saudi judge also abused another hadith when he ruled that the minor girl shall have the right to seek a divorce only after reaching rty. This is known as Khiyar-al-Buloogh or the Option of rty and is based on Ibn Abbas* report in the collection of Abu Dawood. According to that, the Prophet is supposed to have given a minor girl the option to repudiate her marriage when she informed him that her father had married her off against her will.

False premise
But a reading of this hadith shows that the girl in question was not a minor because the word used to describe her is bikran, which means a grown-up, unmarried girl. Also, there is no mention of rty in the report. Therefore, the concept of Khiyar-al Buloogh is bad in law as it is based on a false premise. In short, there is no authentic statement of the Prophet justifying child marriage and hence, the question of his advising any minor to wait until rty to exercise her right to divorce simply does not arise.

The spirit of the Quran
The problem with the present day Islamic law is that most of it is not based on the spirit of the Quran. This is because of the belief of Muslim theologians (particularly the Salafi ideologues, commonly known as the Wahabis) that hadiths have an overriding effect on the Quran. One such preacher Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi has the temerity to write in his book, An Introduction to the Sciences of the Quran, that the Sunnah of the prophet can abrogate the Quran.
The truth is that the Quran being the locus classicus of Islam, no authority can supersede it. Even the Prophet was commanded to judge by it (4:105, 5:49, 6:50, and 7:203). Furthermore, as the Quran claims to be a guide for all periods, it supports the notion that any law formulated on the basis of its framework has to evolve from time to time.

For this to happen, the doors of ijthihad (independent interpretation) must be reopened and the entire corpus of hadiths must be re-evaluated, to discredit such hadiths that are antithetical to the spirit of justice, equity and fairness embodied in Quranic universalism.
The author is a Chennai-based peace activist.

Hindustan Times

(Submitted by Aslam Merchant) *

arab_grl 19.10.10 - 09:41pm
dont.GIF no no no! faint.GIF omg what are you saying?! omg! Ya Allah! omg pls read topic i will post called marrying Aisha! omg! *

am112 20.10.10 - 04:10am
my sisy kekashi...i think u r shia dos call dem self(ahlul bait) don u.sissy..??plz tell me? *

kekasih 20.10.10 - 06:53pm
huh? what does ur question got to do wth this topic sissy am112? shia does follow Ahlul Bayt n thats why they call themself shia. but ofcuz maybe some shia arent true shia but wahabi-salafi that tries to ruin Ahlul Bayt's name? those that beat themself up till bleeds maybe are Yazid's shia, thats why they regret killing the Prophet's grandsons n decendants hence they torture themself to it. i think those shia u meant that arent Ahlul Bayt sissy aim112?

kekasih 20.10.10 - 06:58pm
anyway i am an Ahlul Bayt but my school of thoughts i learned from the Shafi'i. n Imam Shafi'i mazhab is Ahlul Bayt. my Tariqa is Ba'Alawi (Pure Decendants of The Prophet SAW). i myself have my own silsila n im genuine. i cannot say im not Ahlul Bayt, thats haraam. cuz since u ask, i have to tell u, yes i am an Ahlul Bayt. *

arab_grl 20.10.10 - 08:57pm
u learned from Shafi? Really??? Well, Shafi's do NOT believe that Aisha R.A was 19 when married... They believe she was 9..
And SALAFIS dont ruin anything,,, if Anything Salafis are the true ones..and I'm SALAFI and my methology expose and show nothing but the truth and we show nothing excpet whats in Quran and Sunnah.. We dont spread lies.....dont.GIF *

kekasih 21.10.10 - 06:50am
@arab grl shia too believe Aisha is 6 n 9 when got married to the Prophet. so whats ur problem thinking they lie? are u n aim112 same person? so, what is it got to do wth ur obsession toward shia? i think shia are much safer than salafis...they followed Ahlul Bayt while salafi follow ibn wahabi Najdi n Taimiyah (both arent Ahlul Bayt) *

kekasih 21.10.10 - 06:53am
so be on topic if ud like to be here, instead of making lies toward shia ok. for ur info im for shia n sunni unity n im against wahabisms salafis. *

kekasih 21.10.10 - 06:58am
wahabis are liars...they call themselves sunni but theyre not. they not even same belief what sunni believe... *

kekasih 21.10.10 - 07:19am
btw this topic have nothing to do wth sects...the fact u bring out sect into this topic is a disgrace. *

am112 21.10.10 - 11:13am
ohh my sis i dont knw wats ur problem..dont u knw dat we sunnies (ahlusunnah wal jama a) we r the one who love (ahlul bait) more dan any one. also hw cant we love ahlul bait ..dey r the ahlul bait of our bloved muhamed (pbuh) ...so wat u says abt salafi(ahlusunnah) is wrong.. secondly let me say u shia(rafidah) u r d worest ppl (let me explain) plz e.g. u ppl says dat u love ahlul bayt bat dats fake fake fake..WHY( even logically think my sis ..if u love sumone so much nd then he/she ordered u not to do that and that ..will u disuppon him nd do wat he ordered u not to do!!!) this example is the same on u shia rafidah..coz our bloved muhamed (pbuh)order us nd guide us to the right way(sirat almustaqiim) but u ppl u r not in (sirat almustaqim)...thirdly ..can u tell me is any thing is begger crime than Distoring holly quran..u shia u did ..tell me is der a sura that shia called it surat alwilayah.. *

am112 21.10.10 - 11:15am
With regard to Soorat al-Wilaayah, some of the Shiah scholars and imams have stated that it exists. Any of them who denies that does so by way of taqiyah (dissimulation). One of those who clearly stated that it exists is Mirza Hussein Muhammad Taqiy al-Noori al-Tubrusi (d. 1320 AH). He wrote a book in which he claimed that the Quraan had been distorted and that the Sahaabah has concealed some parts of it, including Soorat al-Wilaayah. The Raafidis honoured him after his death by burying him in al-Najaf. This book by al-Tubrusi was published in Iran in 1298 AH, and when it was published there was a great deal of controversy because they wanted the doubts about the validity of the Quraan, which were known only to their leaders, to remain scattered throughout hundreds of their major books, and they did not want that to be compiled in one book. At the beginning of his book he said:

This is a good and noble book entitled Fasl al-khitaab fi ithbaat tahreef Kitaab Rabb il-Arbaab (Decisive comment on the distortion of the Book of the Lord of Lords) He mentioned aayahs and soorahs which he claims that the Sahaabah concealed, including Soorat al-Wilaayah, the text of which, according to them, and as quoted in this book, is:

O you who believe, believe in the Prophet and the Wali [i.e., Ali] whom We have sent to guide you to the straight path, a Prophet and a Wali who are part of one another, and I am the All-Knowing, All-Aware

And they have another soorah which they call Soorat al-Noorayn: O you who believe, believe in the two lights (al-noorayn) which We have sent down to you to recite to you My Verses and to warn you of the punishment of a great Day. They are part of one another and I am the All-Hearing, All-Knowing. Those who fulfil the covenant with Allaah and His Messenger mentioned in the verses (of the Quraan), the Gardens of delight will be theirs, but those who disbelieve after they believed by breaking their covenant and disobeying the command of the Prophet, they will be thrown into Hell. They have wronged themselves and gone against the wasiyyah of the Prophet (i.e., the appointment of Ali as khaleefah), and they will be given to drink of boiling water and other such nonsense.

You can see the entire soorah, along with a telegraphic picture of the Persian mus-haf at the following site: *

am112 21.10.10 - 11:18am
http://arabic.islamicweb.com/shia/nurain.htm

Prof. Muhammad Ali Saoodi who was one of the greatest experts of the Ministry of Justice in Egypt examined an Iranian mus-haf kept by the Orientalist Bryan and he obtained a copy of this soorah; above the lines of Arabic script there is written the translation in the Iranian language.

As it was mentioned by al-Tubrusi in his book, Fasl al-khitaab fi ithbaat tahreef Kitaab Rabb il-Arbaab, it is also mentioned in their book Dabastan Madhaahib, which is in Farsi, written by Muhsin Faani al-Kashmiri. This book has been printed numerous times in Iran, and this false soorah was quoted from it by the Orientalist Noeldeke in his book The History of Quranic M cripts, 2/120, and was published by the French Asian newspaper in 1842 (p. 431-439).

It was also mentioned by Mirza Habibullaah al-Haashimi al-Khoi in his book Manhaaj al-Baraaah fi Sharh Nahj al-Balaaghah (2/217); and by Muhammad Baaqir al-Majlisi in his book Tadhkirat al-Aimmah (p. 19, 20) in Farsi, (published by) Manshoorat Mawlana, Iran.

See also al-Khutoot al-Areedah lil-Asas allati qaama alayha deen al-Shiah by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb.

This claim of theirs is a denial of the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Quraan) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)

[al-Hijr 15:9]

Hence the Muslims are unanimously agreed that anyone who claims that anything in the Quraan has been altered or changed is a kaafir.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

The same applies to those among them who claim that some verses of the Quraan have been taken away or concealed, or who claim to have some esoteric interpretations that exempt him from having to do the actions prescribed in shareeah etc., who are called al-Qaraamitah and al-Baatiniyyah, and who include al-Tanaasukhiyyah [names of esoteric sects]. There is no dispute that they are kaafirs.

Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 3/1108-1110.

Ibn Hazm said:

The view that the Quraan has been altered is blatant kufr and is a rejection of what the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said.

Al-Fasl fil-Ahwa wa-Milal wal-Nihal, 4/139.

And Allaah knows best. *

am112 21.10.10 - 11:22am
hey sisy..i really surprised u r not one dos shias rafidah ..cz sum shia do insult and abuse aishah (umulmuminin) i think u r so close to find the truth way ...may allah guid us and u to the right way.. *

am112 21.10.10 - 11:52am

asalam alikum
...ok brise to allah frst ...
my sis kakash.. as i see u copied frm Hindustan Times
so i think its better if u have sum prove to arab_grl cz ..every one who c ur two topics will follow the topic of sister arab_grl cz of much prove that abt Aisha(radiallah anha)
secondly..can u tell me wats goin on..cz u wrote or u copied from ( Hindustan Times) lik dis following ((particularly the Salafi ideologues, commonly known as the Wahabis.. that hadiths have an overriding effect on the Quran.)) can u tell me HOW?
2-u said or copied frm ....(while salafi follow ibn wahabi Najdi n Taimiyah) i think u ddnt understan wat salafi is and wats wahabi ..so u shoud reffer or search wats salafi or wahabi is or means
3-u said or copied frm ((shia n sunni unity n im against wahabisms salafis. *
wahabis are liars...they call themselves sunni but theyre not)) like i said bfore .. i think u need more knowledge abt salafi or ahlusunnah nd even who are ahlulbait ..cz u just knw how to coppy nd post from Hindustan Times ..if u r really shia..plz read urs very well not from Hindustan Times.. even u dont knw ..just says (wahabi..salafi..) ....can i ask ..wats wahabi wat is salafi wats sunnie..??
plz..sister search various kutubs dat wll help u knwin better ...wasalam *

kekasih 21.10.10 - 01:03pm
@aim112 u keep calling me shia rafidha even after i said im not...thats the problem wth u. u cant even be on topic but wanting to make this topic to shia-sunni fight. go to the salafism topic that ive already made especially for u there...debate in there not here...here is abt Aisha's age understand? if u can proof me any Quran verse that said children can get married, show it here. :) *

kekasih 21.10.10 - 01:18pm
n if u want to do topic about shia also welcome. not all shia are like what uve said. *

* Precious Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Precious

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search