* Precious > Topics

Subject: The Life Of Imam HUSSAIN
Replies: 30 Views: 1902

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:12pm
Imam Hussain ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:13pm
Imam Hussain ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib

Father: Imam Ali Amir Mu'minin (AS)
Mother: Fatimah az-Zahra (AS) - the daughter of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
Kunniyat (Patronymic): Abu Abdullah
Laqab (Title): Saiyd-ush-Shohada
Birth: He was born in Madina on Thursday, 3rd of Shaban 4 A.H
Martyrdom: Martyred at Karbala aged 57 Years on Monday, 10th of Moharram 61 A.H. and buried there. *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:20pm
Imam Hussain (AS) Birth

In the House of the Holy Prophet, which presented the best image of both the worlds - the heaven and the earth - a child who benefited humanity as if he was a Divine Impression reflecting the earth, was born on one of the nights of the month of Sha'ban.
His father was Imam Ali, the best model of kindness towards his friends and the bravest against the enemies of Islam, and his mother was Hazrat Fatimah, the only daughter and child of the Holy Prophet, who had as universally acknowledged, inherited the qualities of her father.

When the good news of his birth reached the Holy Prophet, he came to his daughter's house, took the newly-born child in his arms, recited adhan and iqamah in his right and left ears respectively, and on the 7th day of his birth, after performing the rites of 'aqeeqa, named him al-Hussain, in compliance with Allah's command.
'Abdullah ibn 'Abbas relates:
''On the very day when Imam Hussain was born, Allah ordered angel Gabriel to descend and congratulate the Holy Prophet on His Behalf and on his own.
While descending, Gabriel passed over an island where the angel Futrus had been banished due to his delay in executing a commission assigned by Allah. He was deprived of his wings and expelled to the island where he remained for several years praying and worshipping Allah and asking for His forgiveness.
''When the angel Futrus saw Gabriel, he called out, 'Where are you going, O Gabriel?'
To this he replied, 'Hussain, the grandson of Muhammad is born, and for this very reason Allah has commanded me to convey His congratulations to His Apostle.'
Thereupon, the angel said, 'Can you carry me also along with you? May Muhammad recommend my case to Allah.'
Gabriel took the angel along with him, came to the Holy Prophet, offered congratulations to him on behalf of Allah and himself and referred the case of the angel to him.
The Holy Prophet said to Gabriel, 'Ask the angel to touch the body of the newly-born child and return to his place in Heaven.' On doing this, the angel re-obtained his wings instantly and praising the Holy Prophet and his newly- born grandson, ascended towards the Heaven.
Hasan and Hussain, the two sons of the Holy Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib and Hazrat Fatimah, our Lady of Light, were respected and revered as the 'Leaders of the Youths of Paradise' as stated by the Holy Prophet. *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:25pm
.Imam Hussain (AS) Upbringing

Event of Mubahala
In the south of Arabia, there is a place called Najran. There lived the Christian tribe of Najran who staunchly believed that Prophet Isa (a) i.e. Jesus was the son of God. The Prophet invited them to accept Islam. In response to that, a delegation of their priests and elders came to Madina. They wanted to discuss religion with the Holy Prophet Prophet Muhammad (s).
Their argument was that Jesus was born without a father, so he was the son of God. The Holy Prophet explained to them that just as Allah created Prophet Adam without a father or even a mother, in the same way He created Jesus without a father.

Hence Jesus was a servant of Allah as was Prophet Adam. The Christians did not agree with this simple truth. They stuck to their belief that Jesus was the son of God. The Prophet asked them to wait. Then came the following Revelation (message from Allah):

''O Messenger! If they dispute with you in this matter after the knowledge has come to you, then, say, 'Come, let us call our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and our souls and your souls. Then let us earnestly invoke and lay the malison curse.GIF of Allah on those who lie''. (Quran: Sura Ale lmran - verse 60)

It was then agreed that the Christians seek MUBAHALA with the Prophet. The meaning of MUBAHALA is that both of them invoke from Allah that he, who speaks the truth may survive and he, who is untrue may perish.
On the day of Mubahala, the Prophet of Islam took with him his grandsons - Imam Hasan (a) and Imam Hussain (a), his daughter Fatima Zehra (a) and his cousin and son-in-law Imam Ali (a). But on seeing the radiant faces of these sinless members of the household of the Prophet, the Christians got scared. They decided not to seek Mubahala any more but accepted their defeat. They agreed to pay tribute and returned home.
The Prophet, before going for Mubahala, was commanded by Allah to take with him his sons, his women and his souls. The Holy Prophet obeyed this command as under:

In place of his sons, he took with him Imam Hasan and Imam Hussain. In place of women, he took Fatima Zahra . In place of his souls, he took Imam Ali.
This is how he showed to the world who the true and real members of his Ahlul Bait (People of the House of Prophet) were.
The Holy Quran says:

''Say, I do not ask for return of this (messengership) from you except that you love (my) relatives.'' (Sura As-shura - Verse 23) *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:28pm
Leading to Karbala
The Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be Upon him and his progeny, had openly prophesied that the faith of Islam would be rescued by his second grandson Hussain, when Yazid, son of Mu'awiayh, would endeavour to destroy it.
Yazid was known for his devilish character and brutish conduct. He was known as the most licentious of men. The people having known and understood the character of Yazid, formed a covenant by which Mu'awiyah could not appoint Yazid as his successor.
This undertaking was given by Mu'awiyah to Imam Hasan from whom Muawiyah had sna*ched power. Mu'awiyah violated this undertaking and nominated Yazid who succeeded his father.
Immediately as he came to power, Yazid began acting in full accordance with his known character. He started interfering in the fundamentals of the faith and practiced every vice and wickedness freely with the highest degree of impunity and yet held himself out as the successor of the Holy Prophet, demanding allegiance to himself as the leading guide of the faith. *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:31pm
Imam Hussain (AS) Prosecution and Struggles

Paying allegiance to Yazid was nothing short of acknowledging the devil as God. If a divine personality like the holy Imam Hussain had agreed to his authority, it would be actually recommending the devil to humanity in place of God.
Yazid demanded allegiance from the Holy Imam Hussain, who could have never agreed to it at any cost. The people fearing death and destruction at the hands of the tyrant had yielded to him out of fear. Imam Hussain said that come whatever may, he would never yield to the devil in place of God and undo what his grandfather, the Holy Prophet had established.

The refusal of the Holy Imam to pay allegiance to this fiend, marked the start of the persecution of the Holy Imam. As a result he had retired to Medina where he led a secluded life. Even here he was not allowed to live in peace, and was forced to seek refuge in Mecca where also he was badly harassed, and Yazid plotted to murder him in the very precincts of the great sanctuary of Kaa'bah.
In order to safeguard the great sanctuary, Imam Hussain decided to leave Mecca for Kufah just a day before the hajj (pilgrimage). When asked the reason for the mysterious departure from Mecca foregoing the pilgrimage which was only the next day, Imam Hussain said that he would perform this year's pilgrimage at Karbala, offering the sacrifice not of any animals, but of his kith and kin and some faithful friends. *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:38pm
.Imam Hussain (AS) Departing to Kufa

The people of Kufah getting tired of the tyrannic and satanic rule of Yazid, had written innumerable letters and sent emissaries to Imam Hussain to come over and give them guidance in faith.
Although Imam Hussain knew the ultimate end of the invitations, he as the divinely chosen Imam could not refuse to give the guidance sought for. When the Holy Imam with his entourage had reached karbala, his horse mysteriously stopped and would not move any further. Upon this the holy Imam declared:
''This is the land, the land of sufferings and tortures.'' He alighted from his horse, and ordered his followers to encamp there saying: ''Here shall we be martyred and our children be killed. Here shall our tents be burned and our family arrested. This is the land about which my grandfather the Holy Prophet had foretold, and his prophecy will certainly be fulfilled.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:39pm
Imam Hussain (AS) on the 7th of Muharram

On the 7th of Muharram water supply to the lmam's camp was cut and the torture of thirst and hunger started. The Holy Imam's camp consisted of ladies, innocent children including babies and some male members of the Holy prophet's family; along with a small band of some faithful friends of Imam Hussain who had chosen to die with the Holy Imam, fighting against the devil for the cause of Allah. *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:43pm
.Imam Hussain (AS) on the 10th of Muharram / Ashura

At dawn the Imam glanced over the army of Yazid and saw 'Umar ibn Sa'd ordering his forces to march towards him. He gathered his followers and addressed them thus:
''Allah has, this day, permitted us to be engaged in a Holy War and He shall reward us for our martyrdom. So prepare yourselves to fight against the enemies of Islam with patience and resistance. O sons of the noble and self-respecting persons, be patient! Death is nothing but a bridge which you must cross after facing trials and tribulations so as to reach Heaven and its joys. Which of you do not like to go from this prison (world) to the lofty palaces (Paradise)?''
Having heard the Imam's address, all his companions were overwhelmed and cried out,
''O our Master! We are ail ready to defend you and your Ahl-ul-bayt, and to sacrifice our lives for the cause of Islam.''
Imam Hussain sent out from his camp one after another to fight and sacrifice their lives in the way of the Lord.
Lastly, when all his men and children had laid down their lives, Imam Hussain brought his six-month old baby son 'Ali al-Asghar, and offering him on his own hands, demanded some water for the baby, dying of thirst. The thirst of the baby was quenched by a deadly poisoned arrow from the brute's forces, which pinned the baby's neck to the arm of the helpless father. At last when the six-month old baby also was killed, Imam Hussain addressed Allah:
''O Lord! Thy Hussain has offered in Thy way whatever Thou hath blessed him with. Bless Thy Hussain, O Lord! with the acceptance of this sacrifice. Everything Hussain could do till now was through Thy help and by Thy Grace.''
Lastly, Imam Hussain came into the field and was killed, the details of which merciless slaughter are heart rending. The forces of Yazid having killed Imam Hussain, cut and severed his head from his body and raised it on a lance. The severed head of the Holy Imam began glorifying Allah from the point of the lance saying, 'Allahu Akbar'.
''All glory be to Allah Who is the Greatest!''

After the wholesale, merciless and most brutal slaughter of the Holy Imam with his faithful band, the helpless ladies and children along with the ailing son of Imam Hussain, Imam 'Ali Zain-ul-Abideen, were taken captives. *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:52pm
What Non-Muslims Say About
Husayn

kekasih 30.11.10 - 05:57pm
Edward G. Brown
Sir Thomas Adams Professor of Arabic and oriental studies at the University of
Cambridge.
*''...a reminder of the blood-stained field of Kerbela, where the grandson of
the Apostle of God fell at length, tortured by thirst and surrounded by the
bodies of his murdered kinsmen, has been at anytime since then sufficient
to evoke, even in the most lukewarm and heedless, the deepest emotions,
the most frantic grief, and an exaltation of spirit before which pain, danger
and death shrink to unconsidered trifles.''
[A Literary History of Persia, London, 1919, p. 227] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:00pm
Ignaz Goldziher
(1850-1921) Famous Hungarian orientalist scholar.
*''Ever since the black day of Karbala, the history of this family has been
a continuous series of sufferings and persecutions. These are narrated in
poetry and prose, in a richly cultivated literature of martyrologies - a Shi'i
specialty - and form the theme of Shi'i gatherings in the first third of the
month of Muharram, whose tenth day ('ashura) is kept as the anniversary of
the tragedy at Karbala. Scenes of that tragedy are also presented on this
day of commemmoration in dramatic form (ta'ziya). 'Our feast days are our
assemblies of mourning.' So concludes a poem by a prince of Shi'i
disposition recalling the many mihan of the Prophet's family. Weeping and
lamentation over the evils and persecutions suffered by the 'Alid family,
and mourning for its martyrs: these are things from which loyal supporters
of the cause cannot cease. 'More touching than the tears of the Shi'is' has
even become an Arabic proverb.''
[Introduction to Islamic Theology and Law, Princeton, 1981, p. 179] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:03pm
Edward Gibbon
(1737-1794) Considered the greatest British historian of his time.
*''In a distant age and climate the tragic scene of the death of Hosein will
awaken the sympathy of the coldest reader.''
[The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, London, 1911, volume 5, pp. 391-2] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:08pm
Peter J. Chelkowski
Professor of Middle Eastern Studies, New York University.
*''Hussein accepted and set out from Mecca with his family and an entourage
of about seventy followers. But on the plain of Kerbela they were caught in
an ambush set by the caliph, Yazid. Though defeat was certain, Hussein
refused to pay homage to him. Surrounded by a great enemy force, Hussein
and his company existed without water for ten days in the burning desert of
Kerbela. Finally Hussein, the adults and some male children of his family
and his companions were cut to bits by the arrows and swords of Yazid's
army; his women and remaining children were taken as captives to Yazid in
Damascus. The renowned historian Abu Reyhan al-Biruni states; '' then
fire was set to their camp and the bodies were trampled by the hoofs of the
horses; nobody in the history of the human kind has seen such atrocities.''
[Ta'ziyeh: Ritual and Drama in Iran, New York, 1979, p. 2] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:15pm
Simon Ockley
(1678-1720) Professor of Arabic at the University of Cambridge.
*''Then Hosein mounted his horse, and took the Koran and laid it before him,
and, coming up to the people, invited them to the performances of their
duty: adding, 'O God, thou art my confidence in every trouble, and my hope
in all adversity!' He next reminded them of his excellency, the nobility of
his birth, the greatness of his power, and his high descent, and said,
'Consider with yourselves whether or not such a man as I am is not better
than you; I who am the son of your prophet's daughter, besides whom there
is no other upon the face of the earth. Ali was my father; Jaafar and
Hamza, the chief of the martyrs, were both my uncles; and the apostle of
God, upon whom be peace, said both of me and my brother, that we were
the chief of the youth of paradise. If you will believe me, what I say is true,
for by God, I never told a lie in earnest since I had my understanding; for
God hates a lie. If you do not believe me, ask the companions of the
apostle of God [here he named them], and they will tell you the same. Let
me go back to what I have.' They asked, 'What hindered him from being
ruled by the rest of his relations.' He answered, 'God forbid that I should
set my hand to the resignation of my right after a slavish manner. I have
recourse to God from every tyrant that doth not believe in the day of
account.' ''
[The History of the Saracens, London, 1894, pp. 404-5] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:17pm
Reynold Alleyne Nicholson
(1868-1945) Sir Thomas Adams Professor of Arabic at the University of Cambridge.
*''Husayn fell, pierced by an arrow, and his brave followers were cut down
beside him to the last man. Muhammadan tradition, which with rare
exceptions is uniformly hostile to the Umayyad dynasty, regards Husayn as
a martyr and Yazid as his murderer.''
[A Literary History of the Arabs, Cambridge, 1930, p. 197 ] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:20pm
Robert Durey Osborn
(1835-1889) Major of the Bengal Staff Corps.
*''Hosain had a child named Abdallah, only a year old. He had accompanied
his father in this terrible march. Touched by its cries, he took the infant in
his arms and wept. At that instant, a s haft from the hostile ranks pierced
the child's ear, and it expired in his father's arms. Hosain placed the little
corpse upon the ground. 'We come from God, and we return to Him!' he
cried; 'O Lord, give me strength to bear these misfortunes!' Faint with
thirst, and exhausted with wounds, he fought with desperate courage,
slaying several of his antagonists. At last he was cut down from behind; at
the same instance a lance was thrust through his back and bore him to the
ground; as the dealer of this last blow withdrew his weapon, the ill-fated
son of Ali rolled over a corpse. The head was severed from the trunk; the
trunk was trampled under the hoofs of the victors' horses; and the next
morning the women and a surviving infant son were carried away to Koufa.
The bodies of Hosain and his followers were left unburied on the spot
where they fell. For three days they remained exposed to the sun and the
night dews, the vultures and the prowling animals of the waste; but then the
inhabitants of a neighbouring village, struck with horror that the body of a
grandson of the Prophet should be thus shamefully abandoned to the
unclean beasts of the field, dared the anger of Obaidallah, and interred the
body of the martyr and those of his heroic friends.
[Islam Under the Arabs, Delaware, 1976, pp. 126-7] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:22pm
Sir William Muir
(1819-1905) Scottish scholar and statesman. Held the post of Foreign Secretary to the
Indian government as well as Lieutenant Governor of the Northwestern Provinces.
*''The tragedy of Karbala decided not only the fate of the caliphate, but of
the Mohammedan kingdoms long after the Caliphate had waned and
disappeared.''
[Annals of the Early Caliphate, London, 1883, pp. 441-2] *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:41pm
Non muslim view of mola hussain a.s -
by WHO ARE SYEDS on Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 1:01pm
THE THIRD SUCCESSOR OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (Peace and Blessings be Upon Them Both)

Imam Hussain (a.s) was the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon them both, who was martyred by the evil forces of despotism. This is a collection of short quotations about him from a wide variety of Non-Muslim notables from around the world. Charles d*ckens - (1812-1870) English novelists of the Victorian period

''If Hussain fought to quench his worldly desires, then I do not understand why his sisters, wives and children accompanied him. It stands to reason therefore that he sacrificed purely for Islam.''

Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) Famous British historian

''The best lesson which we get from the tragedy of Karbala is that Hussain and his companions were the rigid believers of God. They illustrated that numerical superiority does not count when it comes to truth and falsehood. The victory of Hussain despite his minority marvels me!''

Mahatma Gandhi - (1869 1948) lawyer, leader of the uprising in India

In a statement published in 'Young India,'1924:

''I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind.... I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of Hussain the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission to save Islam. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle.

He also said: ''I learned from Hussain how to be wronged and be a winner.''

Robert Durey Osborn - (1835-1889) Major of the Bengal Staff Corps.

''Hussain had a child named Abdallah, only a year old. He had accompanied his father in this terrible march. Touched by its cries, he took the infant in his arms and wept. At that instant, a s haft from the hostile ranks pierced the child's ear, and it expired in his father's arms. Hussain placed the little corpse upon the ground. 'We come from God, and we return to Him!' he cried; 'O Lord, give me strength to bear these misfortunes!' Faint with thirst, and exhausted with wounds, he fought with desperate courage, slaying several of his antagonists. At last he was cut down from behind; at the same instance a lance was thrust through his back and bore him to the ground; as the dealer of this last blow withdrew his weapon, the ill-fated son of Ali rolled over a corpse. The head was severed from the trunk; the trunk was trampled under the hoofs of the victors' horses; and the next morning the women and a surviving infant son were carried away to Kufa. The bodies of Hussain and his followers were left unburied on the spot where they fell. For three days they remained exposed to the sun and the night dews, the vultures and the prowling animals of the waste; but then the inhabitants of a neighbouring village, struck with horror that the body of a grandson of the Prophet should be thus shamefully abandoned to the unclean beasts of the field, dared the anger of Obaidallah, and interred the body of the martyr and those of his heroic friends.''[Islam Under the Arabs, Delaware, 1976, pp. 126-7]

Peter J. Chelkowski - Professor of Middle Eastern Studies, New York University.

''Hussain accepted and set out from Mecca with his family and an entourage of about seventy followers. But on the plain of Karbala they were caught in an ambush set by the caliph, Yazid. Though defeat was certain, Hussain refused to pay homage to him. Surrounded by a great enemy force, Hussain and his company existed without water for ten days in the burning desert of Karbala. Finally Hussain, the adults and some male children of his family and his companions were cut to bits by the arrows and swords of Yazid's army; his women and remaining children were taken as captives to Yazid in Damascus. The renowned historian Abu Reyhan al-Biruni states; '' then fire was set to their camp and the bodies were trampled by the hoofs of the horses; nobody in the history of the human kind has seen such atrocities.''

[Ta'ziyeh: Ritual and Drama in Iran, New York, 1979, p. 2]

Simon Ockley - (1678-1720) Professor of Arabic at the University of Cambridge.

''Then Hussain mounted his horse, and took the Koran and laid it before him, and, coming up to the people, invited them to the performances of their duty: adding, 'O God, thou art my confidence in every trouble, and my hope in all adversity!' He next reminded them of his excellency, the nobility of his birth, the greatness of his power, and his high descent, and said, 'Consider with yourselves whether or not such a man as I am is not better than you; I who am the son of your prophet's daughter, besides whom there is no other upon the face of the earth. Ali was my father; Jaafar and Hamza, the chief of the martyrs, were both my uncles; and the apostle of God, upon whom be peace, said both of me and my brother, that we were the chief of the youth of paradise. If you will believe me, what I say is true, for by God, I never told a lie in earnest since I had my understanding; for God hates a lie. If you do not believe me, ask the companions of the apostle of God [here he named them], and they will tell you the same. Let me go back to what I have.' They asked, 'What hindered him from being ruled by the rest of his relations.' He answered, 'God forbid that I should set my hand to the resignation of my right after a slavish manner. I have recourse to God from every tyrant that doth not believe in the day of account.' ''[The History of the Saracens, London, 1894, pp. 404-5]

Ignaz Goldziher - (1850-1921) Famous Hungarian orientalist scholar.

''Ever since the black day of Karbala, the history of this family has been a continuous series of sufferings and persecutions. These are narrated in poetry and prose, in a richly cultivated literature of martyrologies - a Shi'i speciality - and form the theme of Shi'i gatherings in the first third of the month of Muharram, whose tenth day (ashura) is kept as the anniversary of the tragedy at Karbala. Scenes of that tragedy are also presented on this day of commemoration in dramatic form (ta'ziya). 'Our feast days are our assemblies of mourning.' So concludes a poem by a prince of Shi'i disposition recalling the many mihan of the Prophet's family. Weeping and lamentation over the evils and persecutions suffered by the 'Alid family, and mourning for its martyrs: these are things from which loyal supporters of the cause cannot cease. 'More touching than the tears of the Shi'is' has even become an Arabic proverb.''[Introduction to Islamic Theology and Law, Princeton, 1981, p. 179]

Sir William Muir - (1819-1905) Scottish scholar and statesman. (Held the post of Foreign Secretary to the Indian government as well as Lieutenant Governor of the North-western Provinces.)

''The tragedy of Karbala decided not only the fate of the caliphate, but of the Mohammedan kingdoms long after the Caliphate had waned and disappeared.''[Annals of the Early Caliphate, London, 1883, pp. 441-2]

Edward Gibbon - (1737-1794) considered the greatest British historian of his time.

''In a distant age and climate the tragic scene of the death of Hussain will awaken the sympathy of the coldest reader.''[The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, London, 1911, volume 5, pp. 391-2

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:45pm
Antoine Bara (Lebanese writer): ''No battle in the modern and past
history of mankind has earned more sympathy and admiration as well as
provided more lessons than the martyrdom of Husayn in the battle of
Karbala.'' (Husayn in Christian Ideology) *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:47pm
Dr. K. Sheldrake: ''Of that gallant band, male and female knew that the
enemy forces around were implacable, and were not only ready to fight, but
to kill. Denied even water for the children, they remained parched under the
burning sun and scorching sands, yet not one faltered for a moment. Husain
marched with his little company, not to glory, not to power of wealth, but to
a supreme sacrifice, and every member bravely faced the greatest odds
without flinching.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:48pm
''Though Imam Hussain gave his life years ago, but his indestructible soul rules the hearts of people even today.'' Dr. Radha Krishnan *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:49pm
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
''Imam Hussains (A.S.) sacrifice is for all groups and communities, an example of the path of rightousness.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:51pm
RABINDRANATH TAGORE
''In order to keep alive justice and truth, instead of an army or weapons, success can be achieved by sacrificing lives, exactly what Imam Hussain (A.S.) did.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:52pm
Dr. Rajendra Prasad
''The sacrifice of Imam Hussain (A.S.) is not limited to one country, or nation, but it is the hereditary state of the brotherhood of all mankind.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:53pm
Swami Shankaracharya
''It is Hussains (A.S.) sacrifice that has kept Islam alive or else in this world there would be no one left to take Islam's name.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 06:56pm
Mrs. Sarojini Naidu
''I congratulate Muslims that from among them, Hussain (A.S.), a great human being was born, who is reverted and honored totally by all communities.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 07:07pm
Some Sayings of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) about Imam Hussain(AS)

* ''Hussain is of myself and I am of Hussain. O' Allah be pleased with those who please Hussain and hate those who hate Hussain.''

These holy words were uttered by the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H), the one who never speaks of his own desire but only as inspired to him by the one Mighty in power.

* The muslims feeling gratitude towards the Prophet (P.B.U.H) for his efforts in guiding them offered to reward him with gold. The Prophet (P.B.U.H) answered them with a verse that was revealed to him, '' Say, No reward do I ask of you for this except being kind to those of kin'' (verse 23/sura 42). Al- Kashaf ( an authoritative interpretation of the Holy Quran) narrates that when this was revealed, people asked the Prophet ''O, Prophet of God, who are the ones whose respect is made obligatory upon us in this verse?'' The Prophet (P.B.U.H) answered ''They are Ali, Fatema and their two sons.''

* ''Hassan and Hussain are masters of youth in Paradise.''

* One day, when the Holy Prophet was in prostaration (sajda) during a prayer, Imam Hussain (a.s) then climbed on his back. The Holy Prophet remained in prostration untill Imam Hussain (a.s) came down himself.

*Ibn Saad (an eighth century historian) narrates from Ash-Shabi that Imam Ali (a.s) while on his way to Siffin passed through the desert of Karbala. He stopped and wept bitterly. When asked regarding the cause of his weeping, he commented that one day he visited the Holy Prophet and found him weeping. When he asked the cause, the Apostle of Allah replied, '' O' Ali, Jibrael has just been with me and informed me that my son Hussain would be martyred in Karbala, a place near the bank of the river Euphrates. This moved me so much that I could not help weeping.''

*Anas bin Harith narrates that : One day the Holy Prophet(P.B.U.H) ascended the pulpit to deliver a sermon to his associates while Imam Hussain and Imam Hasan were sitting before him. When the sermon concluded, he put his left hand on Imam Hussain and raising his head towards Heaven, said: ''O my Lord! I am Muhammad Thy slave and Thy Prophet, and these two are the distinguished and pious members of my family who would fortify my cause after me. O my Lord! Gabriel has informed me that my son Hussain will be killed.O my Lord, bless my cause in Hussain's martyrdom, make him the leader of the martyrs, be Thou his helper and guardian and do not bless assassins.' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 07:14pm
The great Sunni scholar of 8th century A H., Hafiz Nuruddin Haithami Shafei has related from Tabrani, who has narrated from Aisha that:
''Once Imam Hussein Bin Ali (as) visited Holy Prophet (sawa), while he was in the middle of a revelation. He climbed on the shoulders of Holy Prophet (sawa), Gabriel asked from the Holy Prophet (sawa) that did he love him? The Holy Prophet (sawa) replied 'How could I not love my son'. Gabriel said: 'Surely your Ummat (community) will kill him after you'. Then he stretched his hand and handed over a grain of white sand to Holy Prophet (sawa) and said: 'Your son will be killed on this soil. The place is known as Taff.' After the departure of Gabriel, the Holy Prophet (sawa) came out, he had the same sand in his hand, he was weeping and he said: 'O Aisha, Gabriel has informed me that my son Hussein will be killed on the land of Taff. My Ummat (community) will pass through tests after me.' Then the Holy Prophet (sawa) went, weeping profusely. Hazrat Ali (A), Hazrat Abu Bakr, Hazrat Umar and Hazrat Abu Zar were present there. When they all inquired about the cause of grief, he (sawa) replied: ''Gabriel has informed me that, after me, my son Hussein will be killed on the land of Taff. He also gave me the sand and said that it is from his grave.'' (Majma az-Zawaed, vol 9, pg 187)

In reference to the above tradition, Aisha narrated:
The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said: ''Gabriel informed me that my grandson al-Hussein (as) will be killed after me in the land of al-Taff and brought me this Turbah (mudd/soil) and

informed me that this is the soil of the place he will be martyred.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 07:17pm
Narrated Anas Ibn Malik said:
''The head of al-Hussein was brought to Ubaidullah Ibn Ziyad and was put in a tray, and then Ibn Ziyad started playing with a stick at the nose and mouth of al-Hussein's head, and saying something about his handsome features.'' Anas then said (to him): ''Al-Hussein resembled the Prophet more than any other people.''

Again al-Bukhari narrated from Ibn Abi Nu'm:
A person asked Abdullah Ibn Umar whether a Muslim could kill flies. I heard him saying (in reply): ''The people of Iraq are asking about the killing of flies while they themselves murdered the son of the daughter of Allah's Apostle. The Prophet said, 'They (i.e. Hassan and Hussein) are my two sweet basils in this world.' ''

Al-Bukhari Narrated from Ibn Abi Na'm:
I have heard Prophet saying: ''They (Hassan and Hussein) are my two sweet-smelling flowers in this world.''

Not only human beings, but also the Jinns mourn for Imam al-Hussein (as). It has been narrated that after his (as) martyrdom:
Um Salama (the wife of Prophet (sawa)) said: ''I heard the Jinns (the unseen creatures) mourning for al-Hussein.'' *

kekasih 30.11.10 - 07:20pm
.Narrated Anas Ibn Malik said:
''The head of al-Hussein was brought to Ubaidullah Ibn Ziyad and was put in a tray, and then Ibn Ziyad started playing with a stick at the nose and mouth of al-Hussein's head, and saying something about his handsome features.'' Anas then said (to him): ''Al-Hussein resembled the Prophet more than any other people.''

Again al-Bukhari narrated from Ibn Abi Nu'm:
A person asked Abdullah Ibn Umar whether a Muslim could kill flies. I heard him saying (in reply): ''The people of Iraq are asking about the killing of flies while they themselves murdered the son of the daughter of Allah's Apostle. The Prophet said, 'They (i.e. Hassan and Hussein) are my two sweet basils in this world.' ''

Al-Bukhari Narrated from Ibn Abi Na'm:
I have heard Prophet saying: ''They (Hassan and Hussein) are my two sweet-smelling flowers in this world.''

Not only human beings, but also the Jinns mourn for Imam al-Hussein (as). It has been narrated that after his (as) martyrdom:
Um Salama (the wife of Prophet (sawa)) said: ''I heard the Jinns (the unseen creatures) mourning for al-Hussein.'' *

* Precious Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Precious

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search

Create Your Own App Store