Create Your Own App Store

* Precious > Topics

Subject: Naasirul Haqq
Replies: 1 Views: 573

kekasih 9.12.10 - 01:40am
Naasirul_Haqq:
Troubled in aspects of Deen: Imam Shafi'i (rh)'s response
[Siyar Alaamin-Nubalaa (10/31)]

And ath-Thahabee mentions from al-Muzanee that he said: I knew that if anyone could rid me of a troubling concern about an issue of tawhid, it would be ash-Shaafii. So I went to him while he was in a mosque in Egypt. When I kneeled in front of him, I said, ''I am troubled about a certain issue of tawhid. I know that no one knows as much as you, so what do you say about this?' ''

He became angry and said, 'Do you know where you are?'

I said, 'Yes.'

He said, 'This is the place where Allah drowned Pharaoh. Has it reached you that the Messenger of Allah was ordered to ask about that?'

I said, 'No.'

He said, 'Have the Companions spoken about it?'

I said, 'No.'

He said, 'Do you know how many stars are in the sky?'

I said, 'No.'

He said, 'So you don't even know about one planet its type or the time and place of its appearance and disappearance?'

I said, 'No.'

He said, ''So there is something from the creation that you see with your own eyes that you do not even know anything about, yet you speak about the Knowledge of the Creator?'' Then he asked me a question about ablution, and I erred in my response. So he explained it from four different angles (and asked me about them), and I was not correct in any of my responses. So he said, 'So you leave alone the knowledge of something which you are in need of five times a day, and instead you burden yourself with the knowledge of the Creator? When this (kind of thing) comes to your mind, then remember the statement of Allah the Exalted,

''And your God is One God; there is no true god besides Him. He is the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy. Verily in the creation of the heavens and the earth'' [Surah Al-Baqarah 2:163-164]

So use the creation as a proof for (the Greatness of) the Creator, and do not burden yourself with what is beyond your understanding.'' *

kekasih 9.12.10 - 01:43am
Muslim:
Imam Muhammad Idris ash-Shafi'i (ra)

When he was a young boy of seven, he used to attend the class of Imam Malik (ra) in Madinah in the mosque where the Prophet (peace be upon him) is buried. Imam Malik, while reading the hadiths of the Prophet (peace be upon him) to his students, used to point at the grave and say, 'So and so narrated from the one in that grave...' One day while he was turning to the grave, he glanced at ash-Shafi'i, who was holding a straw that he had taken from the straw mat and wetting it with his saliva. He appeared to his teacher to be playing with the straw in his hand. Imam Malik was sad to see this. After he had finished teaching the people forty hadiths, he called the boy and said, 'You, Muhmmad ibn Idris!' The boy went to his master and sat down. Imam Malik started to criticize him saying, 'Why were you playing while I was reciting the Prophet's (peace be upon him) hadiths?' The boy answered, 'I was not playing, sir. I was writing what you said on my hand with my saliva so that I wouldn't forget. I'm too poor to buy a pen and paper.' Imam Malik was amazed and said, 'If you are true, than read me one of the hadiths that I taught today.' Ash-Shafi'i copied his master in the way he pointed at the grave and said, 'So and so narrated from the one in the grave (ie. Prophet -peace be upon him- ) and he recited the whole forty hadiths. *

* Precious Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Precious

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search